- 1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 plump good-quality sausages with herbs (1x400g pack)
- splash of red wine (if you have some)
- 175ml vegetable stock
- 10ml tomato puree
- 3 tbsp caramelised red onions
- 300g tinned peeled new potatoes
- 150g tinned chick peas
- 150g cooked pasta shells
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan (one the sausages will fit in fairly snugly). Add the sausages and fry for 8-10 minutes, turning them often. Then add the potatoes and fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes until the potatoes look golden.
- Turn the grill to high. Splash a couple of tablespoons of red wine into the pan if you are using it, then pour in the stock, add tomato puree and stir in the caramelised red onions, chick peas and pasta shells. Allow the mixture to bubble for 3-4 minutes, so it thickens a little and turns into a rich gravy. Remove from the heat.
- Place the frying pan under the grill for about 6 to 8 minutes, serve while bubbling hot. Seasoning optional.