BY RUCHIRA GHOSH
For spice powder:
- Cinnamon – 1 inch 2 sticks
- Green Cardamon – 3 pieces
- Cloves – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole fenugreek – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole coriander – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole cumin – 1 teaspoon
- For the curry:
- Duck – 1.5 kg boneless and skinned
- Plain yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Cumin paste – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Onion paste – 1/2 cup
- Mustard oil – 1/4 cup
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon, cardamon, bay leaf – as required
- salt – 2 tsp or to taste
- water – 1 cup
- Fried onion/barista – 1/2 cup
- Fried garlic – 2 tablespoon
Spice powder preparation:
- Heat a pan and fry whole spices until light brown.
- Remove from heat and make a fine powder. keep aside.
- Wash and drain the meat pieces. Pat dry and take in a bowl.
- Mix yogurt with the meat.
- Then mix ginger, garlic, cumin paste and coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. mix onion paste and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add whole garam masala. Fry a little.
- Add marinated meat and cook 5 minutes or until oil is separated from spices
- Then add one cup of water and cover with lid. cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the pressure cooker and pour into a deep bottomed pan.
- Mix fried onion, fried garlic, and spice powder. Heat for few minutes. Serve.