BY NICK PEARCE
As the Edinburgh Evening News reports:
Neil Hansen, 54, downloaded a “depraved” collection of films of young children being sexually abused after meeting fellow sickos in an online chat room. Hansen was caught with films with titles including “15-year-old girl raped then murdered” and “abducted, raped and left for dead”.
Edinburgh Sheriff Court was told police raided Hansen’s flat at the Moredun area of the capital after receiving intelligence “extreme material online” was being copied at the address. Prosecutor Lynsay Magro said during the search officers seized three laptops, seven mobile phones and three USB devices from the home in October 2019. The devices were examined and “a number of indecent images of children” were recovered which were described as showing “rape, torture and sadism”. Ms Magro said: “Websites found to be searched by the accused include search terms for ‘raped Indian’ and ‘raped schoolgirl’ and ‘underage’.
The Chief Executive of the Countryside Alliance, Tim Bonner notes:
Indeed, Hansen was a prominent anti.
The total amount of images and movies discovered included 75 Category A – the most depraved end of the spectrum – 40 Category B and 127 Category C. The court was also told Hansen is currently a university student and his previous offending in England is “highly related to animal rights campaigning that he was following at that time”
In February 1995 Hansen was jailed for three years for alleged property damage and conspiracy to send a hoax bomb to Glaxo Wellcome public relations officer Karen Gardner. Hansen had previously pleaded guilty to possessing the images at the capital court last month.
Sentencing him, Sheriff Kenneth Campbell QC said:
Hansen was placed on an offenders supervision order for three years and told he must complete an assessment to take part in the specialist sex offender programme CISSO. Hansen was also placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register for three years.
Hansen pleaded guilty to a charge of taking, permitting to be taken or making indecent photographs of children at his home address between December 29, 2018 and October 17, 2019.
What a horrible bloke.
It is worth recalling at this time the words (recorded in Hansard) of Douglas Batchelor, ex CEO of the League Against Cruel Sports: