BY RUCHIRA GHOSH
- Prawns -250gms cleaned and deveined.
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder ½ tablespoon
- Red chilli powder ½ tablespoon
- Paste of 1 small onion
- Coconut milk 1 can. N.B Milk obtained from freshly crushed coconut enhances the taste of the dish.
- Mustard / refined oil 4 tbsps
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala (Aromatic spices) powder I heaped tbsp
- In a pan /wok pour two tablespoon of oil and fry the prawns for 2 minutes. Take it out and set aside. Now add the rest of the oil. Add onion and ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Next add cumin and red chilli powder and fry till the spices starts leaving the oil. Now add coconut milk, salt and prawns. Cook for 10 minutes. Add Garam Masala, heat a bit. Then serve with hot plain steamed rice