- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup (37 ML) bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (50 ML) Parmesan cheese
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place cooling rack on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water. In another small bowl, mix 1/4 cup bread crumbs and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each of 4 pork chops into egg mixture, then into bread crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat. Place coated pork chops on cookie sheet.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, swirling to coat. Cook coated pork chops in oil about 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Place back on cookie sheet.
- Bake until pork is no longer pink in centre and meat thermometer inserted in centre reads 145°F (10 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness).