- 150g caster sugar
- 115g butter, at room temperature
- 140g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 plums, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons caster sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy with electric mixer. Mix flour and baking powder and sift into creamed mixture. Beat in eggs and salt. Mix everything well.
- Pour batter into a greased 26cm round springform tin and smooth out. Top with the plums (cut side up) and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven on lowest shelf for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool to room temperature or serve warm.