- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 600g scallops
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 60ml dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 10g basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer, cook in batches If needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2 minutes on each side until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Pour in wine and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and lemon juice.
- Remove pan from the heat; add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with basil leaves.
- Serve over rice, pasta or garlic bread.