Ingredients for Making Pancakes:
- (Makes 12 pancakes)
- 225g (8 oz) plain or all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 large, fresh eggs
- 600ml (2½) cups milk
- 2 tsp melted butter plus extra melted butter for cooking
Instructions for Making Pancakes:
- Sieve the flour into a large baking bowl, add the salt. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the eggs. Beat well until smooth and lump free.
- Add half the milk and the 2 tsp of butter, beat well. Add the remaining milk and stir.
- Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a pancake pan or frying pan with a little melted butter. Heat until very hot and add a ladleful of batter so it evenly and thinly coats the base of the pan. Cook until set and lightly golden.
- Using a spatula or if you are really brave try tossing the pancake in the air, and cook on the other side for approx 30 seconds.
- Slip the pancake from the pan onto a warm plate. Cover the plate with a tea cloth and keep warm.. Continue as above until all the batter is used up.