Ingredients for Making Blackberry Brandy:
- You need a large glass jar so that there is shaking room.
- 3 cups of blackberries, either freshly picked or frozen — no need to thaw
- 500 ml vodka – supermarket’s own is fine
- 500ml brandy –any is OK
- 12 oz sugar (about 500ml mark on the measuring jug)
Instructions for Making Blackberry Brandy:
- Put roughly equal quantities of the sugar and black berries into the jars, pour in 250 ml each of vodka and brandy, screw on the lid tightly and shake hard to mix up ingredients.
- Keep in a dark spot and remember to shake once a week for ten weeks.
- Strain through a sieve lined with muslin, and pour into bottles (then label) you want it to be in — 500 ml bottles are preferable. You will need to seal it, so screw tops ones are best.
- This video is an even simpler method and well worth the watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5RtnsJgHtY