BY JON ALEXANDER
By now you should be aware of the arrest of Harvey Weinstein, that is if you follow any branch of mainstream media. Weinstein is a 65-year-old movie producer, creator of the ‘Miramax’ production company. He is about as ‘Hollywood’ and ‘Democrat’ as you can get – expressing extremely strong support for Obama and then Hillary Clinton. He in turn received strong praise from the likes of Michelle Obama among others. His activism over the years has meant he garnered a lot of support from celebrities and the press alike.
On the 5th of October 2017, Weinstein was accused of sexual harassment by a number of women. His bizarre response ultimately came down to “It was a different time, I’m an old dinosaur, I’m sorry if you felt upset by what I did.” Then rape allegations followed, which he denied. Then more apologies, a request for a second chance and talk of attending a sex addiction clinic.
The stories now popping up and the subsequent comments from media types and celebrities have been somewhat difficult to take. These comments can be summed up in one sentence – “I’m surprised it’s taken so long for his antics to become public knowledge.”
Which begs the question why the hell didn’t any of them do something about this sooner? (Notably the powerful celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow).
The last twelve months have seen endless protests and public smearing of anyone even remotely right-wing. We’ve all witnessed the parades of men and women wearing pussy hats and screaming about oppression because Donald Trump used the phrase “grab that pussy” a few years back. Yet we haven’t seen anybody out on the streets protesting that Hollywood and the left-wing media allowed this man to continue his activities unchallenged for decades.
So much for the “brave” and “moral” Hollywood elite, eh?
We shouldn’t really be that surprised, after all Meryl Streep gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation and Ewan McGregor actively defended him against the allegations of raping a minor. Let’s not pretend that these people care about what is going on, as long as their bank balances are healthy and they have a bandwagon to jump on. They couldn’t care less who is raped or murdered, it’s merely an inconvenience to them.
As human beings we need to stop endorsing this sort of behaviour, so often found in the creative industries. These morally bankrupt elites believe themselves to be above the law and the rest of us, and they need to be held to account.
Not only is Hollywood morally bankrupt at the moment – so is the Democratic Party. If they’re not seeing members of their party arrested for sexual assault they’re being arrested for fraud. The party – itself until recently endorsing Antifa – seems to have completely lost the plot. Official Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been arrested for fraud, Imran Awan has also been arrested after trying to flee the country and Corrine Brown is facing a long prison stretch for similar. We then have a large number arrested for actions involving child pornography or child abuse:
- Jacob Schwartz (a Bill de Blasio staffer) arrested for possession of child pornography.
- Ed Murray (Seattle Mayor, former) arrested for child sexual abuse.
- Anthony Weiner (close with Hillary Clinton herself, his wife was vice-chair for her 2016 Presidential Campaign), charged and convicted for offences relating to child pornography.
- Bob Menendez, arrested for having sex with underage prostitutes.
- Jeffrey Epstein, (close friends with Bill and Hillary Clinton), facing fresh allegations of underage sex trafficking.
- Richard Kenan (former Ohio Mayor), pled guilty to raping a four year old child – he even had the nerve to suggest the four year old was a willing participant.
- Demetrus “Meechie” Coonrod (newly elected member of Chattanooga Council and vice chairwoman of the Hamilton County Democrat Party) has a rather long list of arrests – including child abuse, assault and armed robbery and once declared herself a racist.
- And of course, former President Bill Clinton has had his fair share of allegations in the past…indeed many are coming to light even now. Will he one day go the way of Weinstein, one asks? Let a judge and jury decide on the veracity of those allegations.
I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised at the Democratic Party’s rotten core. After all, they were responsible for the KKK’s first two chapters, a fact the Democrats are desperate to erase from history. Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan was in almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks. The KKK was essentially the military arm for the Democrats to wage war against these reforms.
What amazes me is that many still actively support the party, including what’s left of Britain’s Labour Party. What exactly do they have to do before people realize something this rotten ought to be disposed of? That a party born from sinister roots was always going to turn out to be poisonous?
Meanwhile, Britain’s creative industry is producing its own pervs. Simon Brodkin may want to explain this the next time he is quizzed about whether he is funny or not…