- 2 oz blended scotch.
- 1 oz ginger honey syrup
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- 1/4 oz Laphroaig
- To make the ginger honey syrup, combine 1/2 oz water and 1/2 oz honey in a short, heavy-bottomed glass and stir until dissolved.
- Peel about a thumb-sized portion of ginger root and cut up into 5 or 6 chunks and add to the glass.
- Using a muddler, press and swivel the ginger pieces to release the juice. Strain into a shot glass, and add to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the blended scotch, ginger honey syrup, and lemon with ice.
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass over a large ice cube.
- Next, float the Laphroaig on top. To do this, pour about 1/4 oz into a shot glass and balance the back of a bar spoon on the edge of the glass. Angle the spoon down against the side of the glass and slowly pour the Laphroaig over it so it’s evenly distributed on the top.