BY NONI CHRISTOPOULOS
Baked Feta with Tomatoes:
A delicious and beautiful starter that is simple to make, just place all ingredients into the oven. Enjoy a glass of wine while you wait for the feta to soften and the tomatoes burst into a sweet mess.
- 250g feta
- 25 mixed cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp chopped fresh parsley (reserve ½ tbsp for garnish)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or ½ tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/200 C /400 F.
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the feta in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the feta into an ovenproof dish. Add the tomato mixture to top and sides of feta, allowing it to spill over into the dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until vegetables are roasted and feta has softened.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with toasted Ciabatta or Sour Dough Bread drizzled with Extra Virgin Oil.