- 30 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300 g risotto rice
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 fish stock cube dissolved in 1 litre of boiling water
- 125 g asparagus tips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g cooked and peeled prawns
- zest of 1 lemon
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook gently for a further minute.
- Add the rice and stir to coat thoroughly. Add the wine and stir until it has evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock to the rice and stir until it has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way.
- Add the asparagus, prawns and lemon zest, 5 minutes before the end of cooking time. If required add a little extra stock until rice is cooked.
- Stir in the Parmesan and parsley, season to taste with black pepper and serve.