- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 potato medium
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 5 mushrooms
- 4 rosemary or thyme sprigs leaves only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80g frozen peas
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 500g/17oz puff pastry
- flour for rolling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C and take the pastry out of the fridge to soften a bit. Peel onion, carrot and potato. Dice all the vegetables into similar size pieces. Put a frying pan on medium heat with olive oil, chop up the rosemary and mince the garlic and add them to the pan.
- Gently sauté everything stirring occasionally until your vegetables are tender and onions are translucent. It will take about 5-8 minutes. Then transfer your mixture into a bowl and cool completely.
- Once it’s cooled enough to touch add the ground beef and peas. Thoroughly mix everything together adding salt and pepper and a half of your beaten egg, reserve the rest for the pastry.
- Dust a clean work surface with a handful of flour and roll out the pastry to a 1/4-inch thickness or use an already rolled one.
- Shape the beef mixture into a log and place it on the rolled-out pastry sheet, brush the edges with the reserved egg. Roll it up tucking the ends inside like a giant burrito, brush with the egg all over and place it on a baking sheet seam down. Bake Beef Wellington in the preheated oven for 45 min to an hour depending on your oven until golden.