- 6 x sea bass fillets, skin on and scaled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fat, fresh red chillies deseeded and thinly shredded
- bunch spring onion, shredded long-ways
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- Season 6 sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, then slash the skin 3 times.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Once hot, fry the sea bass fillets, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden. The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turnover cook for another 30 seconds – 1 minute, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil, then fry the ginger slices, sliced garlic cloves and shredded red chillies for about 2 mins until golden.
- Take off the heat and toss in the bunch of shredded spring onions. Splash the fish with soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan.
- Serve with steamed rice.