- 90ml freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice, about 1/2 large grapefruit
- 30ml fresh lime juice, about 1 large lime
- 45ml silver tequila
- 15ml orange liqueur, such as triple sec or Grand Marnier
- Splash club soda
- 1-part kosher salt
- 1-part granulated sugar
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Small grapefruit wedges, for garnish
- Begin by preparing the glass: Place the sugar and salt on a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the edge of the glasses to moisten them, then tap the edges of the glass in the sugar/salt mixture so that it sticks. Fill with desired amount of ice and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the lime juice, grapefruit juice, tequila, and triple sec. Top off the shaker with ice, then close the lid and shake vigorously. Strain margarita into the prepared glass, then top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with lime and grapefruit wedges.