- 1 medium cauliflower head — cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups white onions — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with the juice from the can
- 2 cups green peas or chickpeas
- 1¾ cups coconut milk from a can
- In a large pot, parboil the cauliflower florets for 3 to 5 minutes, drain then place in cold water to stop the cooking process until ready to use.
- Return the pot without the water to the stove, add the oil, and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onions are tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the cumin powder, coriander, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything well.
- Add the tomatoes and green peas/chickpeas and stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and drain the cauliflower from the cold water and add to the pot.
- Cook everything together for 3-5 minutes before serving with rice or naan bread.