BY RUCHIRA GHOSH
- 1 – 2 medium sized aubergine/ brinjal/ eggplant
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsps of chopped parsley
- Cooking oil
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Dry roast the aubergines over an open flame.
- Peel the singed skin, wash the mass inside with water and transfer to a dish.
- Heat oil in a wok, add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and chopped chillis.
- Add salt and chili powder. Sauté.
- Now add the brinjal flesh and mix it thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Now add the peas.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with flat bread / chapatti