- 4 x 150g fresh swordfish steaks, about 3cm thick
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp drained capers, roughly chopped if large
- ½ pack fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the swordfish steaks in a shallow dish and brush on both sides with 1 tbsp olive oil and seasoning.
- Pour the lemon juice into a bowl, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the remaining olive oil, garlic, capers, herbs and seasoning.
- Preheat a hot griddle pan or grill, or prepare a barbecue. Cook the swordfish steaks for 2-3 minutes, then turn them over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until just cooked. Serve each steak with a spoonful of the herb dressing and a generous portion of steamed green beans.