Ale Bread Ingredients:
(For one large loaf 20 x 10 cm or 2 smaller loaves)
375g (13 oz) plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 bottle or can of ale, preferably a bitter (made up to 400 ml with water)
1 handful grated cheese
How to make Ale Bread:
- Preheat the Main Oven to 200°C (400°F) or Gas Mark 6.
- Quickly mix all the ingredients together and spoon into a greased or non-stick loaf tin
- Remember to top with grated cheese.
- A 20 x 10 cm loaf tin will take 1 hour but smaller tins 8 x 15 cm take just 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with cheese and chutney.
- Especially delicious with ham or ham and pea soup.