Ingredients for Beetroot & Apple Gin Cocktail:
- 1 ½ ounces beet-infused Beefeater gin
- 1 ounce spiced apple shrub
- ½ ounce Calvados
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
Instructions for making Beetroot & Apple Gin Cocktail:
- Add two peeled medium-to-large beetroots to one litre of gin in a sealable container and place in a cool, dark place for 2 to 3 days.
- Meanwhile, separately place five thinly sliced Granny Smith apples, three medium-sized pieces of ginger, a tablespoon of black peppercorns and two cups of sugar in a sealable container and marinate in the refrigerator for four days, allowing the sugar to break down the fruit. On day five, add a cup of champagne vinegar, re-seal and place back in the fridge for another five days, before straining and storing for future use.
- Strain off the infusion, which is now ready to serve and should be kept refrigerated.
- Combine ingredients.
- Shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
(Credit: Food Republic)