Ingredients for Pheasant Breast in Orange & Ginger Sauce:
- 4 Pheasant Breasts (boned and skinned)
- 175g fresh Mozzarella (thinly sliced)
- 115g Prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- 5 tbsp Mixed chopped Herbs (parsley, chives and/or basil)
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 Shallots (chopped)
- 12 Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 750ml Chicken Stock
- 250ml Dry White Wine
- 180ml Fresh Orange Juice
- tbsp Fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 180ml Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Grated Orange Zest
- A little Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
Instructions for cooking Pheasant Breast in Orange & Ginger Sauce:
- Place the Pheasant Breasts in a freezer bag and very gently pound to evenly flatten each breast. Remove from the bag and place the slices of mozzarella and prosciutto on each breast to cover. Sprinkle over the chopped herbs and season lightly with salt and pepper. Fold each breast in half (mozzarella and prosciutto side in) and skewer together, set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by sautéing the shallots and mushrooms in 1tbsp of butter until lightly coloured. Add the stock, wine, orange juice and ginger and cook over high heat until reduced by half. Add the cream and reduce again to a light saucy consistency. Strain carefully and add the orange zest, salt, pepper and drops of lemon juice to taste. Keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp of butter and oil to a frying pan and sauté the prepared Pheasant Breasts over a moderate heat, 2-2 1/2 minutes on each side. Place on warm plates and serve with the prepared sauce.
- Serve with boiled rice.