Ingredients for Eton Mess
- 150ml light double cream
- 200g crème fraiche light
- 8 meringue nests, crushed
- 300g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
Method for Eton Mess
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold in the crème fraiche, crushed meringue and strawberries.
- Divide between 6 individual serving glasses and serve at once.
- You can use double or whipping cream in this recipe, but it will make the fat content higher.
- You can judge when the cream is in soft peaks as it leaves a trail in the bowl, but still drops easily off a spoon.