- 2 Bramley apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3tbsp caster sugar or more depending on the apples
- 4 or 8 good measures of Somerset cider brandy
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 1 egg white
- Ice cubes
- Put the apples into a saucepan with the sugar and a cup of water, bring to the boil and cook on a low heat for about 6-7 minutes, until the apples get soft. Then strain through a fine meshed sieve, pushing some of the apple through the sieve. The syrup should be quite sugary taste of apple, if it needs more, just dissolve some more caster sugar in the syrup.
- To serve, put the cider brandy in a cocktail shaker with 8 tablespoons of the apple syrup, the lemon and the egg white, half fill it with ice cubes and shake well for a minute. Strain into glasses onto a few more ice cubes, or serve it straight into the glass with a straw.