- Thyme sprig(s) : 1 whole
- Fine salt : 14 g
- Chinese 5 spices : 1 g
- Coarse ground white pepper : 1 g
- Pork tenderloin(s) : 400 g
- Pork belly : 400 g
- Pork throat meat : 300 g
- Pork caul fat : 200 g
- Onion(s) : 1 whole
- French stick : 100 g
- Semi-skimmed milk : 100 ml
- Whole egg(s) : 4 whole
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Place all of the meat in a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add all of the other ingredients (except the bay leaves) and blend for a further 2 minutes. This will give you a relatively coarse pate. If desired, blend for a little longer to obtain a smoother consistency.
- Place this mix into a well-oiled terrine dish and smooth out the top with the back of a wet spoon.
- Place the bay leaves on top and seal with a tight-fitting lid.
- Put the terrine into a deep baking dish and half-fill with water.
- Place into the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place in the fridge and leave to set for 48hrs before serving.