BY RUCHIRA GHOSH
- Dessicated fresh coconut 500 gms,
- Sugar 250 gms,
- Black cardamom powder ½ tsp.
N.B. In case fresh dessicated coconut is not available, you can use dried & packed coconut powder available in most supermarkets and grocery stores.
- Take a wide, deep pan /wok. Over a low flame, sauté the coconut until the oil begins to leave the sides. In case of powder a little cooking oil may be used.
- Next add sugar and blend well.
- When the mixture gets a little oily, turn off the heat.
- Set aside. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Next , sprinkle the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now take a portion of the stuff and roll it into a ball using your palms. Likewise use the entire mass to roll many more balls.
- Can be eaten instantly. Or you can even store them in an air tight glass jar. No need to refrigerate.