- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (2 to 3kg) whole leg of lamb
- Cut slits in the top of the leg of lamb every few inches, deep enough to push slices of garlic down into the meat. Salt and pepper generously all over the top of lamb, place several sprigs of fresh rosemary under and on top of the lamb.
- Roast at 180 C / Gas mark 4, for 120 mins or until the lamb is cooked to medium well.
- Do not overcook; the flavour is best if meat is still slightly pink.