BY NONI CHRISTOPOULOS
Serves approximately 4
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any other variety of milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Fresh berries or fruit of your choice
- In a large bowl, mix together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Add the yogurt and stir to form the batter mixture.
- Heat a 12-inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray it well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working in batches, spoon a quarter cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake, about 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 90 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes to a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with maple syrup and fruit.