A quintessentially British Summer cocktail. Think countryside pub, farms and apple orchards.
- 2 Bramley apples peeled and roughly chopped
- 3tbsp caster sugar or more depending on the apples
- 8 good measures of Somerset cider brandy
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 egg white
- Ice cubes
- Place apples into a saucepan with the sugar and a cup of water, bring to the boil and cook on a low heat for about 6-7 minutes, until the apples get soft.
- Strain through a fine meshed sieve, pushing some of the apple through the sieve.
- Put the cider brandy in a cocktail shaker with 8 tablespoons of the apple syrup, the lemon and the egg white, half fill it with ice cubes and shake well for a minute.