- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms,
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking or instant wild rice
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, or turkey
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more.
- Add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add rice and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the rice is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in turkey (or chicken), sour cream and parsley and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more.