- 50ml gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml pear syrup
- 1 egg white
- Spiced Pear Syrup:
- 4 pears, cored and cubed
- 1 star anise plus more to serve
- 1 cinnamon, broken in half
- 250g caster sugar
- To make the spiced pear syrup, put the ingredients in a pan with 250ml water and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the flavours have infused. Leave to cool.
- To make the cocktail, put all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker without ice and shake vigorously. Open the shaker, fill with ice and shake again, then strain into a chilled coupe.
- Place one two star anise on top and serve.