- 60ml blended Scotch whisky
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 25ml honey syrup
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 10ml single malt Scotch
- Sugared ginger to garnish (optional)
- Using a wooden muddler or mixing spoon, muddle the fresh ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until it is well mashed.
- Add the blended Scotch, lemon juice, and honey syrup, and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Fine strain into an ice-filled rocks glass and pour the single malt Scotch over the back of a bar spoon so that it floats atop the drink. Add some sugared ginger to garnish if desired and serve.