- 300g Ready Short Crust Pastry
- 50g frozen berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries etc)
- 2 to 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 150g sugar + 55g reserve for topping
- 30g All Purpose Flour (to bind fruit mixture)
- Toss the berries and peaches with the sugar and flour
- Roll the pastry crust into a 13″ to 14″ round and transfer it to a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Mound the sugared fruit in the centre of the crust, leaving about a 9cm margin of bare crust all the way around.
- Fold the crust up over the fruit, pinching or pleating as you go, leaving 15cm or so of fruit exposed in the centre.
- Spritz the crust with water and sprinkle with sparkling white sugar.
- Bake the pie in a preheated Gas 7/425°F oven for about 35 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the edges of the crust are brown.
- Remove it from the oven, and cool for 15 to 30 minutes before cutting into wedges.