- 750g/1lb 10oz lean beef mince
- 175g/6oz pork sausage meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato purée
- 110g/4oz fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4.
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly – it s best to use your hands here.
- Transfer the mix to a 900g/2lb loaf tin and pat down until level. Cover the top of the mixture with an oiled piece of greaseproof paper.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked through. (Remove the paper 15 minutes before the end of cooking).