Ingredients for Wild Boar Stew:
- 1kg diced wild boar
- 50g plain flour
- Rapeseed oil (we recommend Hillfarm)
- 2 litre stock
- 100g streaky bacon
- 25g tomato puree
- 1 diced red pepper
- 5g thyme
- 5 bay leaves
- 10g paprika
- 3g cayenne papper
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 diced onions
- 150g mushrooms
- 250ml red wine
- 10g parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Wild Boar Stew:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the flour in a bowl with salt and pepper – add the meat and mix around with your hands until the meat is well covered in flour.
- In a heavy bottomed casserole dish heat the rapeseed oil over a medium heat. Add the meat and lightly fry until it is browned.
- Add the bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for two hours.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and seasonal vegetables, a hunk of fresh bread or mashed potato.