Ingredients for Making Carp Soup:
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 100 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g carp fillet, skinned and cubed
- 1 tbsp mustard and cress
Instructions for Making Carp Soup:
- Cook the potatoes and carrot in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 mins until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and fry the onion, leek and garlic over a medium heat for 5 mins. Stir in the cumin, paprika and marjoram and cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock, tomato puree and drained vegetables and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the cubed fish. Cook gently for 8-10 mins until the fish is just cooked. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve in warmed bowls garnished with the mustard and cress.