Ingredients for the Blueberry Trifle:
- 17 oz angel food cake, cut into 1″ cubes (I used 1 1/2 blocks)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 lb fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1/2 medium lemon)
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
What you will need:
- 4 or 5 qt trifle dish (I found mine at TJ max), or make it in a 9×13 glass pyrex dish.
Instructions for the Blueberry Trifle:
How to Make Lemon Syrup:
In a measuring cup, combine ¼ cup water, 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 Tbsp lemon juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside until needed.
How to Make the Trifle Cream:
Beat together 1 lb cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar (with the whisk attachment) on medium speed until creamy and smooth, scraping the bowl a couple times. With mixer on, pour in 2 cups heavy cream then turn mixer to medium/high and continue beating until until whipped and fluffy. Add ½ tsp vanilla and beat until incorporated.
Assembling the Berry Trifle:
Place ⅓ of your sliced angel food cake into the bottom of your trifle dish and brush with ⅓ of your syrup. Add ⅓ of your cream and loosely spread it over cake pieces. Add ½ of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding ½ of the blueberries for the second fruit layer). Frost the top with last ⅓ of cream and decorate with remaining fruit.