Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1.5 litres plum brandy
- 4 pounds ripe plums
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 750-ml bottle brandy
- Sterilise equipment.
- Roughly chop plums and put in bucket.
- Add sugar, covering plums.
- Stir so that sugar is completely moistened.
- Close bucket, properly affixing airlock.
- Let mixture sit in pantry for 3-4 weeks, stirring every other day.
- After 3-4 weeks, filter plum mixture through cheesecloth, nut bag, or jelly strainer.
- Discard fruit.
- Mix 2 parts plum liquid to 1 part brandy (or to taste). Enjoy!