- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Handful of flaked almonds
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir well with a whisk.
- Stir in cranberries and make a well in centre of mixture.
- Combine milk, butter, orange rind, vanilla, and egg then add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake at 400°F/200°C/Gas 6 for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in centre.
- Remove muffins from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.