- 325g plain flour
- 200g butter, chilled
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2-3 baking trays lined with parchment paper and Christmas shaped biscuit cutters
- Set the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Place the butter, flour and sugar in a food processor and blend until it makes fine crumbs. Add the egg yolks and continue to blend until the mixture clumps together (or rub the butter into the flour until it forms bread crumbs, then stir in the sugar and egg yolks and beat with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough).
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 mins.
- Roll the mixture out on a lightly floured work surface and cut out your shapes.
- Place your biscuit on the baking trays. Bake for 10-15 mins depending on size and thickness, or until just pale golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins on the baking trays then cool completely. If liked, sandwich the biscuits with jam, dust with icing sugar and tie with ribbon.