- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4-5 strips of bacon/pancetta chopped
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 8 chicken pieces on the bone thighs and legs
- 250 g Shiitaki mushrooms whole or halved
- 500 ml Chardonnay
- 250 ml whipping cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful flat leaf chopped parsley
- Cook bacon or pancetta in a tablespoon of olive oil, when cooked remove from pan and place on paper hand towel to absorb excess fat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces and brown them in same pan of bacon fat over medium to high heat. Remove from pan and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Return chicken and bacon to the pan, pour wine all over, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes or rice and steamed cabbage.