- 4 chicken thighs
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus extra
- 8 baby potatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 4 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Pat thighs dry with paper towel. In a shallow dish, combine the lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and salt. Pour out half of the marinade and store in a jug to use later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the dish and coat evenly. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes if rushed; 1 hour if time allows; or over-night, turning each chicken thigh occasionally in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to Gas 7 / 220°C / 430°F. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven-proof dish or deep-frying pan over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden browned (about 4 minutes each side). Drain some of the excess fat, leaving about a tablespoon for added flavour.
- Arrange the vegetables around each chicken thigh. Drizzle the vegetables with the remaining marinade, tossing them through the oil mixture to evenly coat.
- Cover the oven-proof dish or deep frying-pan with lid (or foil), and bake until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 35 minutes). Change oven setting to grill on a medium heat setting; uncover and cook for about 5-10 minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are crispy and golden browned. Garnish with olives and lemon slices.