- 1 large apple
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 15g fresh parsley, chopped
- 10g fresh sage, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 560g lean minced pork
- 60ml olive oil
- Peel and grate apple; place apple in a colander over a plate. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, parsley, sage, garlic, seasonings and apple. Add minced pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 4cm patties.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 20ml olive oil over medium heat. In batches, cook patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with potato wedges and salad or serve instead of sausages with cooked breakfast.