This time of year you may have some leftover Stilton nestling in your larder or fridge. If so, then us gourmets at Country Squire Magazine fully recommend this recipe to you. We declare it sinful to let Stilton go to waste.
Celeriac & Stilton Soup Ingredients:
- 125g Butter
- 2 heads celeriac, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1.25 L chicken stock
- 350g Stilton Cheese
- pepper to taste
- croutons and basil to serve
How to make Celeriac & Stilton Soup:
- Melt butter in a large heavy-based pan.
- Add celeriac, cover and simmer over medium heat for 10 mins.
- Add basil and chives, cover and simmer a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in flour until smooth.
- Stir in 1 litre of chicken stock then return to heat and simmer.
- Stir until mixture comes to the boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Crumble the Stilton & mix with remaining stock in liquidiser.
- Add Stilton mixture (a paste) to the soup. Stir & bring to boil. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve in heated soup bowls garnished with small basil leaves and accompanied by croutons.
(The ingredients above should serve 4-6)