- 4 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 green chilli
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsps chilli powder (adjust according to taste)
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsps oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Peel, wash and cut carrots into 2 inched pieces, chop onions and a green chilli.
- Place carrots, ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and chilli powder in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil until very hot in the pan. Add chopped onions and green chilli and sauté until the onions are lightly brown.
- Add carrot mixture, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing the vegetables in the pan.
- Add coconut milk and water. Bring to boil and simmer with a lid on until the carrots are tender.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately. Best served with rice.