- 60g plus 30g all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 65g butter
- 250ml chicken stock
- 240ml heavy whipping cream, divided 160ml + 80ml
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 250g sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a shallow bowl, mix 60g flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large frying pan, heat butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches for 5-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add stock to pan; bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes until liquid is reduced to a third of original volume. Stir in 160ml cream, lemon juice and mushrooms; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; heat through and serve.